Spitfire Transmission Cover Wanted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Transmission Cover Wanted
From: "John W. Hazelton" <hazelton@mizar.usc.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 93 1:36:29 PDT
Hi all!

I recently had to have the bearings replaced in my 1980 Spitfire, and the
shop that did the work broke up the cardboard transmission cover. 8-<
They shrugged their shoulders over the damage when I pointed it out.
Needless to say, they will not be getting any more business from me or
from any of my friends.

As the post says, I need a replacement transmission cover.  TRF has some
new plastic ones coming in sometime soon, but they say they have more
back orders from customers than they have covers coming in from the
supplier.

Can anyone point me to a source with replacement covers in stock, or
better yet (and the *true* reason I'm bothering you all with this), does
anyone have an original cardboard cover they'd like to sell?  My cover
still has the seal and the insulation, so just a plain bare cover
would be fine, if that's what's available.

--John Hazelton    hazelton@bcf.usc.edu
  Los Angeles, CA, USA