EZ-bleed vs. Mity-Vac

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: EZ-bleed vs. Mity-Vac
From: "Josh A. Kablotsky" <joshua.kablotsky@analog.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 93 11:10:05 EDT
>>>>> Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV writes:

 Dean>    I use a mity-vac instead of an EZ-bleed.  I went to get an EZ-bleed
 Dean> [...]  and is one of the best things I've ever bought.

 Dean>    I broke the firat one I had by dropping it off of a fender.  It's
 Dean> all plastic of course so you have to be a little careful.

Mine broke once after a fall off a fender too.  There wasn't any
visible damage, but the vacuum guage didn't work.  I disassembled the
guage and found that the linkage had slipped out of a notch; it was
easy to fix.  I don't trust it now for absolute vacuum measurements,
but for relative measurements it still works fine.

-josh