Re: Cars for Sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars for Sale
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1993 10:01:29 -0400
Roger Garnett (rwg1@postoffice.mail.cornell.edu) requests:

> First, a request- I really like to see the FOR SALE postings of all types
> on the list, regardless of location, condition, price, etc, but so many
> people don't include the location in their postings, and I don't have the
> area codes of the world memorized or on line. :-o  Could folks please try
> to remember to list *where* a car is, when possible?

Sure Roger!  Here's an ad I saw in the June issue of "British Marque Club
News" that should whet your whistle (wet anything you like, really :-)

FOR SALE:  Liquidating private collection.  All must go.  Bring cash,
make an offer.

        1959 MGA Roadster               $3500
        1960 MGA Roadster               $8500 (rust free California car)
        1958 Elva Courier MkI           $3500 (no transmission or engine)
        1970 Lotus Elan                 $5500
        1965 MGB Roadster               $ 800
        1951 Land Rover                 $4500
        1962 Austin Healey Sprite       $3900 (rust free southern car, rblt eng)
        1962 Austin Mini 1275 Cooper'S' $4500 (rust free, rebuilt engine)
             Rover TC-2000              $2500

Also German, Italian and Japanese cars.  All cars run, some may need minor
work, they can be seen at

        Kane Motorcars,
        1028 Boston Neck Road,
        North Kingstown,
        Rhode Island

        Tel:  (401) 294-4634
                or at my home in Newport (412) 847-4777

Has that got you drooling yet?  Some reasonable prices there.  In fact, you
could buy two or more for less than the price of an average, brand-new
Japanese econobox.  For example, a 1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX would probably
cost you over $14500 after options, tax and registration.  For $14500 you could
get the Lotus Elan, Land Rover and Cooper 'S' !!!  Probably even less if you
make reasonable offers.  (Of course, tax and reg would bring it up again...)

        Happy Hunting!
        - Garry Archer