GearOil for TR6 O/D

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: GearOil for TR6 O/D
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 93 09:38:43 EDT
Ok folks, it's time for me to get the right gear oil in my fully
functioning O/D trans.  I've decided to go with redline, and no fancy
slickery stuff, but the question is, which redline?

There are two that meet the GL4 recommended trans lubricant.  MTL
which is a 75-85W gear oil, or MT90 which is 90W gear oil.  I mostly
do spring/summer/fall driving, but I will drive the car at least once
a month to keep things sloshing around, even in the winter.  I'm
tempted to go with the MT90, but my impression was that most of y'all
that use redline use the MTL stuff.  So, which redline do *you* use in
your trans?  While were on the subject, which redline do you use in
the diff?

ADVthanksANCE,

-Scotty