Re: North American Peerless & Warwick Register

To: british-cars@hoosier, uunet!postoffice.mail.cornell.edu!rwg1@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Re: North American Peerless & Warwick Register
From: knipper@optilink.com (Ron Knipper)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 93 13:36:46 PDT
Garry Archer Esq.:
>I don't know about parts for the older cars, but you also could try
>contacting the Aston Martin dealer in Greenwich, Connecticut (sorry,
>don't know the phone number).  Just a thought.

Well... you could, but I don't.  Aston Martin Logonda Ltd does sell parts
through about 6 dealerships in the US.  Expect the prices to be at least
double other sources _if_ they deliver at all.  Parts for DB-series cars
are hit and miss.  I have only ordered twice through the SF dealer.  The
first time was slow and expensive, but uneventful.  The second time they
lost my order 3 times in 6 mos.  I finally just gave up.  Everyone that I
know in the Aston Martin Owners Club has had similar experiences.  Big
caveat emptor.

Aston Martin Services [I found the phone number 610-326-3131] is infinitely
more reliable and has consistently good quality parts.  Prices are
pretty good, but don't expect any steals on the stuff manufactured by
Aston Martin.  Aston Martin Services is affiliated with Aston Service Dorset
in the UK, which can hunt down rare stuff for older cars.  Sometimes the
British suppliers clear out their parts bins, and then you can find some
relative bargains.  I only go to the British suppliers when the bargain is
worth the hassle.

I have no connection with Aston Martin Services, but I am a really
good customer.

Ron Knipper
DSC Communications
707-792-7238