EZ-bleed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: EZ-bleed
From: Bob Tufts <rbt@itc.Kodak.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1993 09:36:37 -0400
Just thought I'd put my $.02 in:

I bought a vacuum bleeder last year (can't remember if it's an "EZ-bleed")
and have noticed in using it on my Lotus something odd. It seems I have leakage
around the threads of my bleeder screws. No fluid will leak past the seat of
the screw when it's closed, but I can't draw and hold a steady vacuum before
cracking the screw open. So, the net result is that there's always an alternate
path for air to enter. Under this situation, it would be better if I had a
pressure bleeder attached to the master cylinder.

Anyone else had this happen?

-Bob T.