Apple Hydraulics

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Apple Hydraulics
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 93 10:45:54 EDT
|Date: 6-3-93  10:44am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: Apple Hydraulics
   I took apart the front end of my MGB the last two days and found the
Kingpins to be pretty far past their useful life.  I priced getting them
rebuilt at one of the local Brit cars places and they wat ~150 a side.
So, I called up Apple Hydraulics in NY and they said $80 a pair + parts
(i.e. kingpin kit) + $5.00 shipping (why would shipping from
a parts place probably be $15.00?)   So, it will run ~$150 total.  I
already put V-8 A-arm bushings in, so I don't need those.
   Last time I solicited opinions about Apple Hydraulics I only got a
few comments.  So, if anyone has had any dealings with these guys, I'd
really appreciate hearing from you before I send off my old kingpin/
steering swivel assemblies.

   Thanks,
      Dean