Re: Slow turn signals in TR7

To: akgua!att!opnmail1.corp.hp.com!GORIN_JOE/HP5300_A0,
Subject: Re: Slow turn signals in TR7
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 93 09:01 EDT
     I have been so busy getting the MGA carpeting in, door panels
in, etc. that I have not worked on any electrical problems.  My
high beam indicator comes on when my lights are on low and goes off
when the lights are on high.  'Sounds like it's just wired backwards....
I can't reverse the leads at the light so...?  My turn signal indicator
stays on while the ignition is on which is okay since the turn signals
don't work anyway.  My head lights seem a little yellow like they aren't
getting enough amps.  I probably need a better ground since this seems
to be a good place to start on an MG.  I'll get to it one of these
rainy afternoons.
     I think that I hear a faint grinding sound like I used to hear
on a '65 Mustang when the water pump was about to go North. (In
Georgia we don't say "go South")  I can't find a lubrication point
on the pump.  I think some aftermarket pumps didn't have them. The
Rebel Region Rolls Royce Club is meeting at Helen, Ga. u
a small town about 90 miles North of Atlanta in the Georgia Mountains,
Tommorrow.  I think that I'll take the fan belt off tonight and spin
the pump by hand.  If I don't feel any grinding vibration, I'm going
for it !!  This will be my longest trip yet in the MG. Biiiiig Adventure !
Don Mathis