Intro / etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Intro / etc.
From: tthomson@digsol.jpunix.com (tim thomson)
Date: Thu, 27 May 93 06:32:31 CDT
By way of introduction, name is Tim Thomson from Houston, TX... been on
the mailing list for about two weeks and enjoying every byte.  Loads of
great tech information here for everyone, including those of us who are
indefinately between LBC's.  As I peruse all this info I cannot help but
think what a great HyperText tech manual you could make from all this.

Houston is hell on cars but I cordially invite any SOL's in the area or
drivin' thru to discussion and homebrews anytime.

In the mid 80's I was an owner of a '72 TR-6 that was in reasonably shaky
shape structurally but ran like the wind... had some sort of custom-bent
header situation on it the likes I have never seen, and a chrome roll bar
in the back.  An ungodly shade of muddy yellow it was.  It's pure mental
exercise at this point but the car had a bad habit of snapping rear axles
in two, right at the weld to the disk/bearing housing as I recall.  Went
thru maybe four of these, both right and left.  Never really figured out
what the cause was.... has anyone else had this problem?  Could it have
had something to do with the hydraulics on the suspension back there, or
was it just bad luck? (I don't think it was the latter.)

Thanks for all the fun, I will continue to monitor and hopefully someday
down the line I'll be begging you all for info on any TR-6's for sale.

TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM
Tim Thomson
Houston, TX
tthomson@digsol.jpunix.com