H1S4 SU Carbs on MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: H1S4 SU Carbs on MGB
From: atf@scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au (Arthur Freeman )
Date: Wed, 26 May 93 10:34:12 EST
Hi to you all (outside of Australia).

I have a slight problem with 1977 MGB Roadster.

My B's are both Californian imports, and I need to find a manual
on how to tune the later SU carbs. (H1F4 I think).

Unfortunately these carbs are not common in Australia, and as
such the local MG people do not have workshop manuals for tuning
them.

The reason for having to rebuild the engine was a dropped valve seat
in no 3 cylinder (Stellite? insert to run on unleaded petrol).

With electronic ignition, I need to be able to control the idleing/tickover d,
so that I can get my strobe light onto the ignition timing.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks in anticipation,

Arthur Freeman