Re: longtrip

To: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Subject: Re: longtrip
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 25 May 93 12:22:12 CDT
Robert Jones writes:
> I too am planning to take my lbc on an extended tour and I have a few
> related questions.  I am planning to drive from Dayton, OH to Myrtle
> Beach, SC in June.  I think my route will be I-75 S (maybe switching between
> 75 and US 25, since they are basically parallel) to Knoxville, then to
> Gatlinburg (not sure what the road # is),

U.S. 441

> spend the night in
> Gatlinburg (any suggestions for inexpensive hotels?)

There aren't any in Gatlinburg, especially in June.  Make reservations
or you won't find a place.

Also, traffic in downtown will be bumper to bumper and crawling.  Make
sure your cooling system is working well.  It will take upwards of 30
minutes to go the 3 miles through town.  Unless you have to or just
want to go through town, I recommend the bypass.

> So what are the "can't miss" sights along the way?

Smoky Mountain Car Museum in Pigeon Forge, TN.  You will go right by
it on US 441.

> Any SOLer's along the way?

I'm not really on your route, but you can call me if you get
desperate.  I'll dig up a contact for the Knoxville British car club
and send it to you.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922