RE:Groit's (Griot's?) Garage

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Groit's (Griot's?) Garage
From: Bob Tufts <rbt@itc.Kodak.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1993 09:11:08 -0400
>From Lee Daniels:

My question concerns the car on the cover of the Summer 1993 catalog - a
view looking into the drivers door of an (obviously concours) fixed-head
Lotus of some sort.  The car is gorgeous, but obviously never driven.
I just can't recognize what it is.  The only way I knew it was a Lotus was
the emblem on the horn-push.

It was an original Elite. The first fiberglass Lotus (there was no metal
chassis, as you know it). Later (in the '70s) Lotus re-used the name on
a car that resembled an AMC Gremlin in styling, albeit sleeker (sorry
new Elite fans, I calls it as I see it!)

Anyways, the original Elite was a very stylish car, with graceful rounded
lines. I kinda think the new Mazda RX-7 has done a '90s interpretation
on the styling.

-Bob T.