TR7 Operating Temp

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR7 Operating Temp
From: Lindell <lindell@BRL.MIL>
Date: Thu, 20 May 93 8:20:36 EDT
Last fall I picked up a `79 TR7.  When I looked at it was running
on the warm side, around 3/4 on the temperature gage.  The problem
was obvious, the PO had replaced a prebent hose (almost a 180 deg
turn) with a generic kinked hose.  So I put in the correct hose, no
difference.  Subsequently I checked the thermostat and flushed the
radiator, both were ok.  Well winter was coming and the days were
cooler, so I didn't worry about it.  Now the days are getting warmer,
a previous poster said NEVER let the temp. gage go above halfway
and I'm worried.  I`m guessing the problem could be with the water
pump , but before I pull and check that I thought I'd solicit advice
from the group.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

From  rwg1@postoffice.mail.cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:33:22 2001