Re: Midget brakes

To: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Subject: Re: Midget brakes
From: miq@wv.MENTORG.COM (Miq Millman)
Date: Wed, 19 May 93 15:10:44 PDT
Well I looked into this for Frankensprite, here is what I found:

Yes MGB/spit stuff is used in racing, I have this setup on Car Zero.  The
Spit rotors are much thicker than the stock.  However, by the time you pay
for new parts for rotors, calipers, and the competition spindles, the total
costs is well over what getting custom JFZ brake set up is.  If you want to
go with rebuildable stuff, I'd suggest looking into the parts from a GT6, the
rotors are a larger diameter, and you don't have to machine anything.  Of
course the bolt pattern will be different.....

--

Miq Millman       miq@wv.mentorg.com         miq_millman@rainbow.mentorg.com
Mentor Graphics 8005 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville OR 97070  503 685 1492   C2148