Re: Rotary Conversions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotary Conversions
From: tim.lamb@ml.csiro.au (Tim Lamb)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1993 16:44:22 -0500
>If you're gonna go through the trouble to put a rotary engine in, you might
>as well put in a rear end that can handle the power.  I put in a narrowed
>RX-7 GSL rear end with limited slip and disc brakes in Frankensprite.  It's a
>live axle, but with the custom 4 link rear I have, it shouldn't make that
>much of a difference.

Sounds like the street sleeper Morry Minor that appeared in Fast Fours and
Rotaries (an Australian Mag) a couple of years ago. It was basically a
Minor body grafted to an RX7 undercarriage (steering, engine gearbox,axle
and front suspension). The guy had done a beautiful job to make it look
like a standard Minor, he even fitted the original hubcaps to the Mazda
wheels and an enormous muffler to keep it from sounding like a rotary. What
a beast!

Tim