77 MGB for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 77 MGB for sale
From: Chris Neal <cneal@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1993 00:56:26 -0500 (CDT)
Hi everyone.  My 77 MGB has been a blast, but I must pass it on to someone
who can afford it. I'm about to move down the pay scale, from music student
to musician.....bummer.

Here's the deal:
>The last owner said he didn't think it was the original engine, but the
numbers indicate that it is a 1977 engine.
>It's been upgraded to dual SU (HS4) carbs.
>The body has some bondo, and a little more will make it ready for paint.
It will need paint soon.
>I put a new soft top on in January. It works much better than the Midget
top the last owner had on there!  8^>
>It runs pretty well!  In recent months, I've replaced:starter solenoid, air
cleaners (now chrome), and a relay. Oh, and I put a new and improved heater
control valve on--a home version without a rubber bladder to break--which
works VERY well in winter.  it's not a problem in summer, either. I got stuck
in Ardmore, Oklahoma because the old valve broke, pouring coolant straight
down onto the starter & solenoid.  It shorted across the terminals, and
the starter was running constantly while I was doing 60 mph up I-35. I waited
an evening to let it dry out a bit and went on about my business. No problems
since, but I vowed never to go through that specific ordeal again.
>the interior needs a bit of carpet, and if you don't like the seat covers,
you may want to recover the seats. There is the mandatory crack in the
dash.

I'm asking $2,000
Please reply via email:cneal@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu