RE: Jag Oil changes

To: TMULLEN@atlas.nafb.trw.com (T_MULLEN)
Subject: RE: Jag Oil changes
From: dhuddles@gandalf.ca (David Huddleson)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 92 15:07:11 EDT

> Yesterday's digest had a description of changing oil on a Jag; and the
> mess it caused because of the oil pouring out. On trick that I've
> tried is to pound an awl (or an old phillips screwdriver) though the
> bottom of the filter, and let the oil drain out into the pan. It may

Nice trick, but only if you have spin-on oil filters. And the Jag would
most likely not have this. I don't think driving an awl through the filter
case would be appetising to most older LBC owners because of this!

David
--
dhuddles@gandalf.ca   David J. Huddleson   Gandalf Data Ltd., Nepean, Ontario
                      (613) 723-6500 Days  (613) 822-1315 Otherwise