Re: Re- Jag Oil Changes

To: acg@hermes.dlogics.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re- Jag Oil Changes
From: "Jerry Kaidor" <jerry_kaidor@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 30 Sep 92 15:44:41 U
   RE>Re: Jag Oil Changes
Andrew Green writes:

Sigh... Look, have you got twin fuel tanks? Good. Now then:

1) Install butterfly valve in place of drain plug. Attach Bowden cable (like
   on heater controls) to actuator lever of valve. Route cable to push-pull
   knob (such as Choke control) on dash.

*** They used to sell these at the Grand Auto.  The cable went up to your
engine compartment, and you could drain your oil by just pulling the plunger.
But this part is not needed.  Not at all.  All that you need for completely
automated oil freshening is a system that keeps the oil topped up as it leaks
out.  After all, we ARE talking about BRITISH cars here, aren't we?

           - Jerry