Re: BP Gas

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BP Gas
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1992 10:57:50 CDT
Dean Zywicki (Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV) writes:
> I was was reading the comments about BP gas and was wondering:
>
>   Has anyone in the Chicago area heard of this happening recently with
> BP gas?

First of all, Dean, you have my sincerest sympathies. I had not made the
connection regarding your name until you mentioned it just now; I was
quite stunned. I understand that there will be a segment on "America's
Most Wanted" on the case in the near future; is that correct?

As for BP gas... I grew up in Wilmette, north of Northwestern, and have
lived in this area most of my life. I'm not aware of any BP stations in
the Chicago area. However... (1) There may actually be some, of course,
and (2) it may not necessarily have to be a BP station anyway. As I under-
stand things, some of the lesser brands of station will buy gas on the
spot market, so you can't be too sure what brand you're getting.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473