Re: Re: Paint hardness/Painting

To: jerry_kaidor@engtwomac.synoptics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Paint hardness/Painting
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 92 09:16:38 pdt
> Date: 25 Sep 92 08:54:59 U
> From: "Jerry Kaidor" <jerry_kaidor@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
> Subject: Re: Paint hardness/Painting
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
>
>    RE>Paint hardness/Painting tec
> Rob Neilson asks why his paint is so easy to chip....
>
>   Rob,
>

>     Also, I see you're using a primer out of paint cans.  It's probably
>acrylic
> lacquer primer/surfacer.   Such primer is not very hard.   Soft primer under a

Also using self-etching primer on suspension parts may not be such
a hot idea since I suspect they contain acid; bad stuff for high
strength steel alloys.

I second Jerry's recommendation of DP-40/Imron, but I've proved once
again that this stuff doesn't like Castrol LMA.  I painted my brake
reservoirs with this combo and have noticed that where fluid has
sloshed along the outsides, the paint/primer peels off like a banana
skin.

Roland