Re: hub grease caps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hub grease caps
From: sanders@triton.unm.edu
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 92 08:37:41 -0600
>  and PULL. Unfortunately this did not work. How does everyone else with wire
>  wheeled MGB's remove their caps and get the wheels bearings? Any suggestions
>  will be appreciated

An easy tool consists of a threaded tube or long nut. screw it on the cap,
tighten a bolt through a stiff metal piece (wide enough to stay out of the hub)
screwed into the other end. Alternatively, (as occurred with me) if the threads
are hopelessly mucked up by the vise grips, use a punch through the two access
holes in the hub to loosen and bend in the caps enough for it to be pulled out.

John Sanders