Re: LBC siting....

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, IGHOBDAY@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca
Subject: Re: LBC siting....
From: Kendall Robinson <kendallr@smtplink.chey.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 92 08:38:50 EST
> Date: 16 Sep 1992 13:40:42 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Ian Hobday <IGHOBDAY@BCSC02.gov.bc.ca>
> Subject: LBC siting....
> To:
"/R=GALAXY/R=GEMS/U=BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET/OU=INTERNET/G=BRITISH/IDD.NODENA
ME=INTERNET/IDD.USERID=BCARS/S=CARS/FFN=BRITISH
>  CARS/"@mr.gov.bc.ca
>
>  Well, today at lunch I saw a MGBGT V8.  Managed to see where it went
>
>  Are there very many of these in North America?  She only knows of three
>  others - one in Toronto, one in Washington State, and another in
>  California.

When British Sports Cars Sales Service & Parts was still located on El
Camino Real in Santa Clara there was a very dusty, half assembled MBG V8
roadster inside the shop.  People I've mentioned this to feel it must
have been a conversion since most V8 B's imported into US apparantely
were MBGT's.  Anyone here in Silicon Valley familiar with this car?
I've always wondered if it was the "real" thing.

Roland

It was a conversion.  The V8 was only produced in GT form (not
          counting the "new" MG[B] from Rover).

          Kendall