Need info on SD5 5 speed tranny

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Need info on SD5 5 speed tranny
From: Bob.Smith@lambada.oit.unc.edu
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 92 8:47:44 EDT

Hello again,

I have a Buick aluminum V-8 which I'm gonna shoehorn into another car,
but I need a 5 - speed tranny.  I know that I can get a bell housing
for a BW T-5, but the whole set up, including tranny, is gonna
set me back ~$1500.  I was wondering if there exist any sources for
rebuilt SD5s? In fact, I know nothing about the SD5 and like to know
more about them.  The info I'd like are things like input shaft diameter
and splines, weight, ruggedness compared to a T-5, gear ratios, etc.
I know they drop them in MGBs for V-8 conversions and I know they use
them in  Rover 3500s.  Anyone know the rear-end gear ratios for these
vehicles?  Anyone got a clue where I can get this info?

Thanks in advance,
bob smith