Moving East - bye for now. MGB parts for sale.

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Moving East - bye for now. MGB parts for sale.
From: djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov (Daniel J. Dasaro)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 92 10:33:48 -0700
Start spreadin' the news
I'm leavin' today
I'm gonna be a part of it
New York, New York...

Greetings fellow SOl-ers,

Yes, after five years of smog, unaffordable housing, high taxes,
earthquakes, fires, no state budget, prop 103 battle, the Giants
leaving, Total Quality Management, and now the cancellation of shows by
the Grateful Dead, I'm getting out.

Actually none of those reasons led to my decision to accept a job in
New York, working for the support office of a young software firm based
out here in Los Altos.  It will be quite a change from the research
environment here at NASA.  I'll also be travelling quite a bit, often
to Europe.  Have to check out those "unavailable-in-the-USA" cars while
I'm there.

I've got about two weeks here before I have myself removed from the
list.  Hopefully I'll be able to reconnect, provided they don't balk at
the volume of this list.  So look for me as djd@rs.com in a few weeks.

In the meantime, I have a few extra MGB parts I don't need so I'll offer
them for sale.  All are new, I accidentally bought extra mirrors and
seat webbing and didn't use the downpipe I bought.  I'd like to get what
I paid if anyone wants these parts. If there isn't much interest I'll
just have to buy another MGB to use these parts on!

  Downpipe (part 1 of the three-part exhaust system kit)  I replaced the
  muffler and resonator but left the original downpipe.  About $25

  Chrome mirrors, one for each side, fits most cars.  The ones you find
  from Moss these days.  About $20 each

  Seat webbing - 1 new ($15).  Plus two used web sets which I'll send
  along with the new unit.  Some of the straps are broken but you could
  create one good web with the two sets.

See you at the Palo Alto events!

-Danny D.