Re: Observation... jack stands

To: british-cars@transfer.stratus.com
Subject: Re: Observation... jack stands
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 92 9:08:28 MDT
Since we're all chiming in on this one, I thought that I'd mention
that the first thing I do when I put a car up on jack-stands is to
slide the tyre (that I just removed) to some appropriate hardpoint
underneath car in the proximity of where I'll be working to catch
car should the jack stand or any other supports that I'm using
fail.

Also, based on my^H^H a close friend's experience, it's also a good
idea to move the jack-stands WELL away from the side of the car
when lowering it back down to prevent those unsightly vertical
marks in the body that come from having a jack-stand scrape into
it.

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________