Any advice for a Novice British Car Owner??

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Any advice for a Novice British Car Owner??
From: scocur@h2-7.Auto-trol.COM (Scott Currier)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 92 13:39:33 MDT
Well, I'm new to your mailing list, and just started wading through
the SoL.  I have been collecting cars for about 15 years, and recently
purchased my first british car.  I am in my element when I'm wrenching
under the hood of one of my "toys".

Now the big question,  I have not owned a british car before
(with the exception of a Delorean, which I admit ain't very british)
and am now second guessing my choice to undertake this new beast.

Let me introduce you to my latest:  a 1972 Silver Shadow LWB.  When
I saw that 6.75 V-8 with the swin SU's, I just fell in love, and
knew I had to play with it.  So far I have rebuilt the carbs, the
lock solenoids, the power antenna, and am about to undertake the
Cruise control.

So, what have I gotten myself in for?  Will I love this type
of car, or learn to rue the day I picked her up?.  The electronics
of the car are very interesting, and so far it's been an absolute
joy to work on, but what lies ahead?  Any words of advice
from the collected experience of the group?

BTW, the swin SU's above should have read twin SU's...

Thanks for any advice, and I look forward to reading about
all your cars!

Later.

scocur@auto-trol.com