Re: Column bushes and tyres

To: johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E. Upham)
Subject: Re: Column bushes and tyres
From: plains!pwcs.stpaul.gov!phile@uunet.UU.NET (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 92 12:45:15 CDT
John E. Upham writes >

>Are the steering columns for Spitfires, Vitesses, Heralds and GT6's the
>same. If not, how do I tell which one I have in my TVR Vixen (1970) ?
>I'm replacing the bushes and the ones I've been given seem functionaly
>diffeerent to those in the column (which are reluctant to come out).

Interesting.  The same question may be asked about my 1970 Europa.

>Are there any Triumphs using 15 inch wheels.

Certainly.  The TR 3,4,5, and 6 used 15" wheels on a 4.5" bolt circle.

>Did the Datsun 'Z'' type models use this size wheel ?

Yes.  And so did the SAAB 99, oddly enough.

The wheels for the Spitfire, GT-6, TR-7, Elan and Europa
have a 3.75" bolt circle.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org (infrequent mail checks)
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (lists go here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman