Re: It would be a better story if we'd actually made it

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: It would be a better story if we'd actually made it
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1992 10:20:50 PDT
        Tell me more about this Clikadjust tool!

It's a very cool combination of torque wrench, socket and screwdriver.
You put on a 1/2 drive socket of the appropriate size for your pushrod
adjuster lockwrench, and set it over the adjuster. Pull on the long
handle to loosen the adjuster. Tighten the knurled knob until you feel
the torquewrench "click" -- now the adjuster is drawn up fully tight,
counting all the wear in the system. Now, hold the long wrench steady
and back the knurled knob off the predetermined number of clicks to get
the clearance you want. Hold the knurled knob steady and tighten the
locknut with the long handle. You're done.

I'm trying to track down a source right now -- I'll let the list know
when/if I find one.