Re: Emissions inspections (more)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emissions inspections (more)
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1992 12:11:27 CDT
(I'm posting this so that others may catch any grevious errors I make...)
Wayne Angevine <angevine@badger.Colorado.EDU> writes:
> "Type" could be idle only, idle/2500 RPM, equipment (inspection to ensure
> that original equipment is intact), and/or smoke. Please explain any other
> entries under "Notes."  "$Test" is the state-mandated limit on test cost.
> "$Repair" is the amount you have to spend on repairs to get a waiver.
> Indicate any uncertainty with question marks.
>
> State  Area            Years     Type          Centralized?    $Test  $Repair
> CO     Front range     68-74     Idle & smoke  No               $10    $??
  IL     Chicago area    81 ->     Idle/2500     Scattered        Free   See
  IL     Chicago area    -> 80     Idle only       Test Sites              Note

Note: State is considering expansion of test area beyond Chicago and St. Louis
      (MO) vicinity. Inspection also includes visual check of catalytic con-
      verter, filler neck restrictor and general tampering. Up to three tests
      can be made to pass vehicle. Waiver offered if documentation of repair
      effort is shown, with technician completing checklist on form. Self-
      repairs may be made if inspector is convinced that owner is competent
      after discussion. No price limit for repairs is indicated. Annual test
      for middle-age cars; no test for new ones. (Don't have exact year break-
      downs available.)

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473