Clogger webber

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Clogger webber
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 92 16:42 EDT
Rick asks wrt to a Weber :
>However, my 1500 will not idle below 1800 rpm!   Yes, yes I can adjust
>it down but it won't run...  Any advice???

Yup, you have dirt in the carb. Most likely I would say the your
idle jets are blocked. The remedy is to remove the idle jets and
spray the 3 little holes withe carb cleaner. Also before replacing
the jets,  spray the carb orifice (ie the bit the idle jets screws into)
with carb cleaner.

Whenever I do this I also remove the carb top plate, which allows access
to all of the jets/tubes and clean then at the same time (it takes
about 1/2 hour to do the lot). Also don't forget to clean the INTERAL
filter on the carb. This is held in place by a 9/16th (?) brass bolt right
by where the inlet fuel line attaches to the carb body.

Gerry