weber that won't idle

To: britcars@red4est.felton.ca.us
Subject: weber that won't idle
From: lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us
Date: Tue Jul 28 13:23:53 PDT 1992
Your spit with a weber won't idle under 1800.  Advice?

I could instigate a flame war and suggest you sell the
whole mess and buy a spridget with SU's.  That could be
good for a couple of holy wars, lesse 4 permutations of
Triumph vs Mowog and Weber vs SU.  No, no no, the one
true car is a humber super snipe running a mikuni on
each cylinder.

On a more serious note, first check for vacuum leaks.
Buy a can of carb cleaner (Berrymans B-12) and while
the motor sis running spray it around the base of the
carb and the intake manifold.  Anyplace there is a gasket
is suspect.

Also, how do you know the thing is jetted correctly?
Check the Idle jets.  Are they clogged?   Buy any chance
is there a anti-runon solenoid that is staying closed?
Never seen one on a weber, but I never had a smog legal
weber either.

   lrc