Re: TR7 avail.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 avail.
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1992 09:48:06 CDT
William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu> writes:
> I found a 76 TR7 pushed back in the weeds. [...] It has been sitting for
> three years, and no one is really sure who owns it. [...] I'm sure I can
> get this thing for a very reasonable price. Thing is I'd have to track
> down who owns it etc. etc...

This sounds fascinating. Pushed into the weeds? Is there a body in the
trunk? (Okay, not a very BIG body :-) Is it stolen? Tongue only partly
in cheek here, I suspect it might be a bit premature to offer the car
before the owner is identified. You CAN get a new title for an old car
(in Illinois anyway) by putting up a certain percentage of the car's
value with the Secretary of State as a sort of bond for some fixed period
of time. It sure sounds tempting, but I am a bit intimidated by the ugly
possibilities of adopting an orphaned car. Apologies if I am overestimating
how "unknown" the real owner is.

-- Andy