RE: too much pressure...

To: taylor!randy@hoosier
Subject: RE: too much pressure...
From: FullSail.... 22-Jul-1992 1000 <metzger@decwet.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 92 09:59:59 PDT
Randy et al...

You guys are going to hate me...

after 5 years of replacing previous owner stuff I know from where you come..

First of all I rebuilt the carbs several times. I even had oversized throttle
shafts put into them to reduce the air leaks coming around the throttle shafts.
I even tried 3 different needle sizes to: a) get the car to idle right...it
always wanted to idle at 12-1500 RPM's instead of 800-1000 and b) reduce the
time it took to warm it up in the morning....it took a minimum of 10 minutes
each morning to warm the car up to get it running well enough to take me to
work..

I finally got sick of the whole deal and got on of those 1 size fits all 32/36
DGV downdraft weber kits. Other than having no way to hook up the PCV system I
can honestly say it was the best $275 I've spent on the car. No morning warm
up,
no fiddling with the idle and much better throttle response..The car really
runs
instead of sorta runs now...

You are right about the charcoal canister now being disconnected though..The
pCv
system now consists of a hose running off the valve cover toward the ground.
I'll be taking it in as soon as the weather clears to see if it passes
emissions
this way....

BTW - with the current PCV setup the oil leaks seems to have stopped. I had
hooked it up with the valve cover hose running to the charcoal cannister then
the air filter for the weber...Now I've taken the whole thing apart...

I'd have bought a side draft but I didn't have the extra cash...

BTW - to jonathan moore.. I bought my weber kit from british parts northwest
for
$275. The kit requires some throttle cable cobbling and soem PCV cobbling but
it
is complete....If you have any trouble installing it send me mail...

John Metzger
metzger@decwet.dec.com