Re: blisters on the hindquarters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: blisters on the hindquarters
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 92 9:11:51 CDT
>I like the top down driving, I just don't like the
>blisters on the hind quarters when I'm ready to leave.

I have seen several postings about this subject recently.  Forgive me if I
have already commented on this, but there IS a simple solution on cars like
MGBs, Midgets, and I presume, most Triumphs.

The seatbacks fold forward on these cars.  If you flip the seats forward when
you park the car, it keeps the sun off the parts of the seat you contact.
(This is how I found out the horn had started working again in the Midget, when
the seatback struck the horn push.)

This practice was so universal in these parts in the late Sixties and early
Seventies that many of my friends referred to it as simply "The Sports Car
Trick."

Yank convertibles often had seats which could not both be flipped forward
as the same time, or would not stay forward by themselves.

I will have to pay attention to the direction I park the Europa.  It has a huge
windscreen and the seats don't flip.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Colin Chapman     "It's a Mistake" - Colin Hay