Re: TR250/6 oil pressure switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250/6 oil pressure switch
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1992 10:03:55 CDT
rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick) writes:
> These things always make me nervous... mine came out easily.

They usually have very fine machine threads (well, pipe-fitting threads,
I guess). With luck, the old one you are removing was installed by either
the factory or a conscientious Previous Owner who put teflon tape on the
threads as an anti-sieze and sealing measure. I believe there is also a
bit of a taper to the threads, so that once you crack it loose, it will
indeed come out easily, sometimes with your bare hands.

Given the fine threads and your equally-conscientious use of teflon tape
or whatever on the new one, be very careful to get it started properly in
the hole.

If you haven't got the swing-clearance for wrenches, a "crow's foot" will
do in a pinch, if you can find a thin one.

-- Andy