Re: Electronic ignitions

To: zrol01@trc.amoco.com
Subject: Re: Electronic ignitions
From: sanders@triton.unm.edu
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 92 12:38:43 -0600
Hi
I run MSD ignition in my MGB. Triggered by Allison optical unit.
Not convinced the Allison is worthwhile. MSD capacitive discharge
works well - hotter spark, cleaner burning.
watch for:
noise from the wires and coil since the MSD really puts out.
problems with tach - I'm still straightening things out to get accurate values.
rotor and spark phasing - must consider when installing Allison.

after all the expense and fiddling, it is really annoying that my other MGB
with good stock system idles more smoothly.

John Sanders