The midget lives

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: The midget lives
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 12:31:40 EDT
|Date: 7-13-92  12:31am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: The midget lives
   I finally was able to get my rebuilt midget started.  The problem was
that my timing was off by 180 degrees.  I could swear I had checked it
right.  As a last ditch effort on saturday morning, I switched the 1 and
4 and the 2 and 3 plugs on the rotor cap and it fired right up.  I
managed to get the clutch bled with my one man bleeder kit.  The brakes
I couldn't quite get going.  I had drained the whole system when I took
the lines out to paint the engine compartment.  Painting the engine
compartment seems like a wasted effort on for the 1500 midget.  You
can't see any of it when everything is in there anyway.
   So, as soon as I get some fluid in the brake lines I should be all
set for the victory run around the block.
   I was worried about my oil pressure.  The old gauge was reading 10,
yes that's 10 pounds of pressure.  I never really trusted it.  I hooked
up my mini gauge kit with the oil pressure gauge and read 70 psi, I was
happy.  Hopefully I'll be motoring again RSN.

   Dean