Re: MGB shock kits

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB shock kits
From: sanders@triton.unm.edu
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 09:27:39 -0600
Re: MGB shock conversions

I have been running with the Moss coil-over front kit on my 69. I am quite
happy with it has quicker steering and better control over bumpy roads. As I
changed several other things at the same time the particular changes due to
whe shocks/springs are not clear.

There was a gotcha with the installation, however, with the bushings
being pre-installed and of different design than the documentation. They had
to be pressed out for installation, then pressed back in. In fact, I find
it hard to see how the docs could be so obscure about the parts and
installation since it ended up to be fairly straightforeward.

The coil-over design is clean (esp compared to the funky side-arm types)
and the execution (geometry) consistent for both sides. As I seem to recall,
however, the camber alignment came out 0.5 deg POSITIVE for both sides.
OK for me for now but you might want to consider different length lower A arms.

Now that my attention has turned to the rear suspension, I am also interested
in the reports of rear tube conversions.

John Sanders