Midget Seats?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Seats?
From: moore@portal.vpharm.com (Jonathan Moore)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 11:11:04 EDT
I picked up a new seat kit for the midget on Sat.,
and was surprised to find upon taking the headrest
off one of the old seats, that the headrest had two
rods which held it into the seat back. All the pictures
I have seen for midget seats have a headrest with one
bar (and the new seat cover has a hole in the middle
for one bar). However, the seat kit seems to fit pretty
well (the bottom cover fits perfectly over the old foam)
and the seat back (I haven't taken the old cover off yet)
seems pretty close, except for the number of headrest holes.
The above info as well as the additional holes cut (hacked
is a better adjective) in the floor suggest these seats are
not original. I'm not worried too much about fitting the
new seat kits, but I'd be interested in knowing where these
seats came from. Any ideas? Thanks.

                                JM