header wrap

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: header wrap
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Jul 13 08:38:51 1992
RE: header wrap.

I use the header wrap sold by Racer's Wholesale and others.

I have used it on my race mini for two years to make it possible to get
your hand near the carbs after the engine is warm.  It works great, with only
1 layer, overlapped, you can touch almost touch the headers when hot and not
burn your hand.

HOWEVER,  Do not use any more of the wrap than necessary as it will shorten
the life of your headers.  Mine have lasted through two seasons so far.
But that is due to limited use in racing.

jim fuerstenberg

                        186,000 miles per second, it's not just a good idea
                        it's the law!

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer.