Fuel Pump Electrical Problem (1979 MGB)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Electrical Problem (1979 MGB)
From: srt@aero.org
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 92 11:34:49 PDT
Howdy again.  I've been a lurker here since I finished rebuilding my
1979 MGB about a year ago, but a problem has cropped up and I need the
collective net.knowledge.  (Actually, the problem cropped up a month
ago, but I've been too sick to work on the car since then.)

Anyway, I went out to drive King Arthur ("The Once and Future Car") and
the engine stopped after a few seconds.  A quick investigation revealed
a lack of fuel (clear fuel filters are a good thing), and a somewhat
more involved investigation revealed a lack of electricity to the fuel
pump.

My question is: Where I can pick up the electrical line to the fuel pump
to isolate the fault?  The wiring diagram in my Hayne's suggests that the
fuel pump wire goes through the inertia switch, but doesn't indicate where
said switch can be located.  Anyone know?

                                                -- Scott T.