Redcar returns from the Races ! (Reader's Digest version)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Redcar returns from the Races ! (Reader's Digest version)
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 92 15:20:05 PDT
     Well the vacation's done, the race was run, and the
     driver's came home. Unfortunately this driver came home
     to a mountain of work and a short week, so a full-blown
     race report will have to wait. But I can give you the
     big basics:

     1992 La Carrera Classic stats; (from a Redcar
     perspective)

     -Out of 30 some-odd cars entered,
          -we were the smallest displacement car
          -we took 11th in the hillclimb
          -ran 89 mph in the flying kilometer (misfiring
          badly)
          -Finished 3rd in our class !!!!

     Other noteworthies:
          -1 accident (no injuries)
          -2 blown engines

     The many other sordid details will unfortunately have to
     wait until next week, when work things aren't so pressing.

     happy to be back on *this* side of the border,
                                                    dstone