Georgia Smog Tests

To: <joe_flake@hpatc.desk.hp.com>,
Subject: Georgia Smog Tests
From: Shel Hall <76701.103@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 03 Jul 92 00:21:09 EDT
Joe-

>>> One of the fun things I get to look forward to here in Georgia, is a
smog test for car registration.  Is this going to be a nightmare to pass, or
just a formality for a 1972 vehicle. <<<

No tests of any kind required on anything that old in Georgia.  You only
need a smog test on 1982 or newer gasoline-powered cars, and only on cars
registered in the Atlanta metro area.

However, when you register your car you're probably going to get hit for our
new "impact fee" for daring to bring your car into the state when you move
here. I _think_ it's $200!  That's why your owner's manual tells you to run
over a Georgia Politician every 10,000 miles - to grease your chassis.

-Shel