LBC horns

To: pwv@tc.fluke.com
Subject: LBC horns
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 92 13:05:26 -0700
Well speaking of LBC horns again. I had an interesting incident this
week. Whilst on my way to lunch I got stopped at a stop light waiting
patiently in the sweltering heat here. Well the light turns green, so I
proceed to continue on my way, well I'm not looking real closely at the
drivers around me, as there were NO blue haired old ladies with land
yachts nearby, the lady to the right of me decides she would like to
occupy the same lane as me at the same time as me. I see her just before
she makes contact with the car. I start pressing the horn button, little
sound comes out, I start screaming expletives at her and waving my arms.
I can't get into the next lane there happens to be a car occupying that
lane. I can't slam on the brakes as there is other traffic right behind
me, the traffic being a really big 4x4 with lift kit and big tires
behind me. The thought of him/her driving over the top of me was not a
good feeling.

So I decide that it must be grin and bear it time. So I brace myself for
the bump that I know is coming. Sure enough she is not only deaf, but
blind also, (and after speaking with her and exchanging license and
insurance info, I be believing that she is dumb too.) The car is a very
bright fire engine type red. (I guess she could have been color blind
which would explain not seeing the red.) The other car was a '91 Honda
Accord with an Aquamarine color paint job, that now has British rubber
bumper black along about a 2.5 foot section of the driver side of the
car. The LBC was mostly unscathed, the front end is now out of
alignment, and the jolt of the hit and the braking caused the other
U-joint to get a little closer to failing. (The front U-joint was
replaced in Los Cruces NM on the trip out here.)

So not only do I have t do more swork on the LBC, but I WILL be
replacing the wimpy horn(s) with some of those J.C. Whitless monster air
horns. Maybe a loud speaker so I can do the selective quotes from Sir
Winston Churhill ( I hope they are quite colorful), and think about the
front mounted nuclear powered laser gun, or some photon torpedoes. To
heck with the three finger salutes, the Lucas activated electric
horn(s). I wonder if I could coerce the car to release tacks, nails or
other damaging hardware as opposed to the oil spill. Although the great
cloud of smoke works well for keeping people off the tail end of the
thing. (I run the car richer than normal, during the day the car runs a
little too lean and at night it runs a little too rich.)

Bruce "Just another angry LBC motorist, because of the ignorance of
others" Carter