Re: LBC horns

To: brucec@amex-trs.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC horns
From: lydia@rosa.mit.edu (Lydia Gregoret)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 92 08:38:26 -0400
Bruce Carter writes:
>The other car was a '91 Honda
>Accord with an Aquamarine color paint job, that now has British rubber
>bumper black along about a 2.5 foot section of the driver side of the
>car. The LBC was mostly unscathed, the front end is now out of
>alignment, and the jolt of the hit and the braking caused the other
>U-joint to get a little closer to failing. (The front U-joint was
>replaced in Los Cruces NM on the trip out here.)

Get this guy off the road! ;-)
As I recall, a few months ago it was some oogling that caused Bruce's hood
to fly open while in motion.  Next his car was dropping smoldering
alternators (that _was_ you, wasn't it?) and now this????  Where do
you live and should I buy a five point harness before visiting your city and
attach fire extinguishers to both fenders?

But speaking of horns, my LBC ('66MGB) came with a rewired horn button to the
left of the gas gauge.  In a panic I often slam my palm into the gas
gauge which has a sharp raised chrome border.  This hurts!   Maybe I should
paint the button red...

Lydia Gregoret
lydia@rosa.mit.edu