Re: Retrieved my TR6

To: FLAKE_JOE/HPATC_01%mailhub.cs.itc.hp.com@cs.itc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Retrieved my TR6
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1992 11:25:51 PDT
        - How do I clean a technalon (sp?) car cover.  I have general dirt
          and filth, plus some pine tree droppings to contend with.

Take it to a coin-op laundromat, stuff it in a BIG washing machine.
Wash with Ivory dishwashing soap -- use half the amount that you would
normally use of laundry detergent. Rinse twice. Air dry -- don't put it
in a heat dryer.

        - What are my chances for success with a do-it-yourself repair on
          an odometer?

If you're willing to risk breaking it further, you can take your speedo
apart and try to muck with it. Chances are you're going to end up
sending it away anyway, so you might get lucky.

I take my speedos and tachs to

Name:        Palo Alto Speedometer
Phone:       (415) 323-0243

and am very happy with their work, but prices are high. I can walk
there, though, so I'm willing to pay for the convenience. I don't know
if they do mail order.

People on the list have reported good results from

Name:        Foreign Speedometer Sevice
Address:     3061 Morse Rd.
             Columbus, OH 43229
Phone:       (614) 475-2511

Name:        Nisonger Gauge Repair
Company:     Bob Castagnetta, Proprietor
Address:     570 Mamaroneck Ave.
             Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Phone:       (914) 381-1952

but I've never dealt with either of them myself.