Re: Extra Cobra Chassis

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Extra Cobra Chassis
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1992 13:28:03 CDT
Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih writes:
>     Someone told me about an article in either R&T or C&D about Carrol
> Shelby having 43 "extra", "original" Cobra chassis.  He said he's giving
> one to each of his grand kids and selling the rest.  Anyone know
> anything about this, or is this a joke ?

Don't know what he has planned for them, but this month's Car & Driver has
a nice article on him, and the extra chassis are shown stacked to the
ceiling in one photo. So yes, they exist. Looks like he's going to try and
build "new" 1965 Cobras out of them, however, so his grandkids may get
stuck with an entire car instead of a nice bare frame.  :-)  From what I
remember of the article, though, he has only banged out one or two cars
to date, which are retailing for about $500,000 apiece; less if you omit
floormats and Extended Service Plan.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473