GT6/Spit conv. & joke

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: GT6/Spit conv. & joke
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 91 16:22:50 -0500
        I have the spitfire 1500 frame with the extensions that bolt
to the trunk floor. Would this frame be compatible with the GT6+
rear end?  In short, is it possible to bolt a GT6+ drive line into
a late spitfire frame?  Also, I have the 1979/80 stlye slanted
radiator with an electric fan.  Would this been sufficient to cooling,
the 6 cylinder or would that have to be changed too?

        I was reminded of a time back when I worked as a counterman at
an auto parts store.  We were forever getting people whose spouse had made
them go to the store and get whatever had become necessary in mid-repair.
So we get this stately old woman in the store one day.  She came up to the
counter and said," My husband stuck his finger in my rear end and said I was
dry.  So I need some oil. ..."  I have no idea what see said next as I was
on the floor in the back room laughing.  Sometimes old jokes come true I
guess.
Woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu