Story about a Land Rover

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Story about a Land Rover
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1991 12:41 PST
I almost bought a Land Rover (had been almost totally rebuilt all round but
had sat for 2 years and looked like crap, he wanted $2000 but I bet would have
taken $1200, good deal ????) but didn't in the end.  I was going to put in an
overdrive and go on a road trip to Belise.  I'm serious.

Anyway, a guy here has a Land Rover.  He spent along time in Africa doing some
research and of course he had a Land Rover to get about as did many of the
other non-Africans out there.  There was a work shop held by a Land Rover
mechanic to teach a whole bunch of owners how to do some routine maintenance.
First was the oil change.  So he showed them the drain plug and let out the
oil.  Then one of the Nuns (from a group of missionaries trying to convert the
local tribesmen) exclaimed "oh thats how you do it, I usually get the boys to
hoist it up, turn it over and drain it out the hole you put it in"!!!!

Cheers DW