Re: GT6/Spit conv.

To: sol
Subject: Re: GT6/Spit conv.
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 91 14:50:34 -0700

::      I have the spitfire 1500 frame with the extensions that bolt
::  to the trunk floor. Would this frame be compatible with the GT6+
::  rear end?  In short, is it possible to bolt a GT6+ drive line into
::  a late spitfire frame?  Also, I have the 1979/80 stlye slanted
::  radiator with an electric fan.  Would this been sufficient to cooling,
::  the 6 cylinder or would that have to be changed too?

The engine, trans and diff will bolt in.  The GT6+ rear axles with the rubber
donuts will NOT bolt in, unless you weld on lower A arm brackets.  The radiator
will not fit, as it needs to be smaller, since the length of the 6 cylinder
not only dictates the bulge in the bonnet, but moving the radiator as far as
possible forward.

mjb.